NOTE: WE WILL BE ACCEPTING SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR THE MARCH 2017 CLASS UNTIL 15 JANUARY 2017; FOR THE SEPT 2017 CLASSES UNTIL 15 JULY 2017. We’re making 2 partial scholarships available for each class that we run, in order to assist 2 students with the course fee. The scholarship applications for the March and September 2017 course are now open.
Here are the scholarship details:
- The scholarships are partial scholarships. Scholarship students are still responsible for a portion of the class fee.
- Scholarships are for students pursuing the Certification Track only.
- Cath and Kara will award the scholarships at their own discretion. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the following criteria: applicant’s fit with the course values; applicant’s background/ previous experience in the domain of grief; applicant’s level of financial need; diversity (Diversity is important to us and we’ll prefer to award the scholarship to students who’s life experiences/ nationality/ heritage/ age/ ethnicity/ gender/ ability, etc. may be likely to increase the diversity in the discussions within our class.)
- The scholarships will give you a $975 reduction on your course fee. The scholarship students will need to be able to pay the remaining balance of the course fee.
- The deadline for the March 2017 scholarship application is 15 January 2017; Sept 2017 deadline is 15 July 2017.
- We’ll notify the 2 successful applicants who will be awarded the March 2017 scholarships by 30 January 2017; the Sept 2017 scholarships by 30 July 2017.
- In order to be considered for a scholarship you will need to fill out the scholarship application form below and also complete the Program Application form here.
- If you are accepted into the program then we’ll ask you for a $500 deductible, non-refundable deposit to secure your spot. If awarded a scholarship it is not secured until the deposit is paid. The $500 will be deducted from your remaining course fee as partial payment toward the balance due.
You can apply to be considered for a scholarship by filling out the scholarship application section of the course application in the next steps section below.